上海419论坛,上海龙凤419,爱上海 – Powered by Ivan Shamar!

September 25, 2020
by admin
0 comments

Sum-ag man hangs self

first_imgOfficers of Police Station 9 wereinvestigating the incident./PN BACOLOD City – A man, who was believedto have committed suicide, was found dead in his residence in Barangay Sum-ag. Jedy Ian Bescaser was found by hiswife hanging with a rope tied around his neck at 3:30 a.m. on Sept. 29, apolice report showed.  last_img

September 25, 2020
by admin
0 comments

Antique LGUs complied with road-clearing order – DILG

first_imgThe Task Force Demolition of the municipality of San Jose in Antique removes structures encroaching the sidewalks. All 18 towns in the province have complied with the order of President Rodrigo Duterte to conduct road clearing operations, according to the Department of the Interior and Local Government. Tacda bared that they have received anew form from their regional office, where LGUs have to reflect theirpercentage of accomplishment. The team is composed of representativesfrom the DILG, Bureau of Fire Protection, Philippine National Police, and civilsociety organization. They will commence validation on Oct. 4. “As of now we still have no provincialfigure as to how many illegal structures and informal settlers had been clearedonly after the validation,” Tacda said. “The LGU of Sibalom, however, assuredthe DILG they are now working for the transfer of the terminal in a lot justoutside of the town proper,” she said. SAN JOSE, Antique – All local government units (LGUs) in Antique have met theDepartment of the Interior and Local Government’s (DILG) 60-day deadline toclear public roads of obstructions, but have yet to report the percentage of accomplishments. In the municipality of Belison, 31 roadswere cleared not of illegal structures but of palay crops that are beingsundried. She added though that in themunicipality of Sibalom, the terminal of public utility jeepneys (PUJs) wasnoted as an obstruction. DILG provincial director Cheryl Tacdasaid all LGUs in the province have already submitted their compliance reports onroad-clearing drive that ended on Sept. 29.“So far all the 18 towns in the province have already submitted theircompliance reports,” she said. Her office is requesting LGUs toaccomplish the form and submit it to the validation team, she said. “The clearing team in the town ofBelison found no illegal structures constructed along the highway except thatthere were farmers who were drying their palaythat impedes the roadway,” she said. (With PNA/PN)last_img read more

September 25, 2020
by admin
0 comments

No budget allotted for PUV upgrade in 2020?

first_imgBinay initially asked if the 2020deadline for the implementation of PUV modernization will still push through,given that investments for it were only able to fund 2% of the needed number ofmodern PUVs thus far. The PUV Modernization Project will banPUVs, including jeepneys, aged 15 years old and above from plying the roads andreplace them with e-jeepneys worth P1.6 million each. There are at least170,000 PUJs across the country based on government records. “Mayroonpong prototype na may financialpackage. Toyota po ang may gawa. Kaya po nilang gumawa ng 500 to 700units in a year, kaya hindi po masasabingwala ng magagamit [kung walang jeep],”he said. Likewise, Tugade said that Toyota is setto make a prototype for modern jeepneys with an accompanying financial package. “And assuming that jeepney drivers willno longer be jeepney drivers because they can’t afford the new jeepneys, whowill provide the need of our riding public amid the PUV modernization?” sheadded. Binay made the disclosure during thebudget deliberation on the Department of Transportation’s (DOTr) proposed P126-billionbudget for next year by the Senate Committee on Finance. “Hindinaman po walang jeepney, wala nangmagagamit. Andiyan po ang bus, at mga tren na gagawin pa natin,” Tugadesaid. Aside from the hefty price tag of themodern jeep, the PUV Modernization Program also requires drivers who don’t ownthe PUJs they drive to affiliate themselves with cooperatives which arefinancially capable of buying the new jeepneys since the government will onlyissue franchise to operate to cooperatives, not individuals. DOTr Undersecretary Mark Richmond deLeon then conceded that the 2020 deadline for implementation of PUVmodernization has been scrapped for now. “We had evaluation po, and based on these challenges, we will provide an updatedschedule [for PUV modernization],” de Leon said.center_img Binay, however, countered that at thecurrent pace, PUV modernization could not happen within the remaining threeyears of President Rodrigo Duterte’s term. Once they are a part of a cooperative,drivers will work depending on the shift designated to them, unlike in thepresent setup when individuals who own jeepneys can ply the road whenever theywant, save for a day because of the number-coding scheme, which bans vehicleson the road based on the last digit of plate number. “Sabudget niyo sa 2020, wala pong budget for PUV modernization. Paano po tayo uusad?” Binay asked DOTrofficials. MANILA – The government’s Public UtilityVehicle’s (PUV) modernization program has no allocation from the proposedP4.1-trillion budget for 2020, Sen. Nancy Binay bared on Thursday. Davao City is the hometown of PresidentDuterte. (GMA News/PN) “Two percent pa lang po [ang nami-meetna requirements]. Eh tatlong taon na lang po si Presidente.Baka four percent lang ‘yun by 2022,” Binay said. The House of Representatives amendedDOTr’s proposed budget by realigning P274 million to it. The said funding,however, is for the operating expenses of Davao City International Airport. DOTR Secretary Arthur Tugade, for hispart, insisted that the PUV needs of the country will still be met even withreduced jeepneys as a result of PUV modernization.last_img read more

September 25, 2020
by admin
0 comments

DTI urged Boracay tourists to patronize ‘green products’

first_imgAmong those high-demand “greenproducts” were coconut shell items, abaca twines, processed food, and wearableitems. Recently, the “ecopreneurs” conductedthe 17th Aklan Product Expo dubbed as “Go Green,” a regional fair, in IloiloCity.    Tourists enjoy the world-famous white sand beach of Boracay Island in Malay, Aklan. Recently, the Department of Trade and Industry here urged tourists to support the “green products” of the island. SHUTTERSTOCK MALAY, Aklan – The Department of Tradeand Industry here urged Boracay Island tourists to patronize “greenproducts.”      According to Iturralde, the “greenproducts” sold by local entrepreneurs are of quality standard. “Tourists patronizing green productsnot only help entrepreneurs earn a living but also helps in the sustainabilityof the environment,” she added.    “The cash sales amounted to P1.07million, booked sales at P7.4 million, orders under negotiation at P182,000with the combined sales of P8.54 million,” Iturralde said. Maria Carmen Iturralde, acting DTIprovincial director, said “green products” such as coconut shell items andabaca twines, among others are already available in the island as several“ecopreneurs” engage in using environment-related products for theirbusinesses.  The trade fair was supported by theDTI, Hugod Aklanon Producers Association Incorporated, the provincial governmentand the Aklan Provincial Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise DevelopmentCouncil./PNlast_img read more

September 25, 2020
by admin
0 comments

‘Worth the wait’ Ampatuan brothers convicted in 10-year massacre case

first_img Quezon City Regional Trial Court Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes announced the verdict on Thursday morning at Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City to culminate a 10-year case at the trial court level. MANILA – After ten years, a guiltyverdict has been laid for those behind the Maguindanao massacre, a gruesomeincident that claimed the lives of 57 people. Eight members of the Ampatuanfamily were among 28 people sentenced to life imprisonment over their roles inan ambush on an election motorcade in Maguindanao province, and thegunning-down of all who witnessed it. Among the victims of the Maguindanao massacrewere 32 journalists in what was one of the world’s single biggest attacks onmedia. Datu Andal Jr. and Zaldy Ampatuan were among those who were found guilty and sentenced to reclusion perpetua or a maximum of 40 years in prison without the benefit of parole. The Ampatuan patriarch, Andal, Sr., who was considered as the primary suspect, died of liver cancer in 2015 while the case was being tried. Sajid Islam Ampatuan and Datu Akmad “Tato” Ampatuan Sr., meanwhile, were acquitted due to “reasonable doubt.” Fifty-four others were also absolved from the crime. Datu Andal Jr., also known as Unsay, was mayor of Datu Unsay town in Maguindanao province when he and members of his family’s armed group killed 58 people on November 23, 2009. Fourteen cops and an Ampatuan aide, Bong Andal, were sentenced to six to 10 years of imprisonment for being accessories to the crime. The court ordered the arrest of the 80 suspects who remain at large. The Maguindanao massacre was dubbed as the world’s deadliest single attack on media workers, and the worst case of election-related violence in the Philippines./PNcenter_img A total of 197 people, including 15 Ampatuans, were charged. Over the course of the trial, six were cleared, two discharged as state witnesses, and eight died in detention. Eighty people are still at large. When proceedings wrapped up after more than nine years, 101 defendants remained. Hundreds of volumes and tens of thousands of pages of case records piled up throughout nearly a decade. By the time the case was submitted for resolution last August, Solis-Reyes had heard 357 witnesses over a total of 424 trial days, according to court records. Aside from media practitioners, other victims of massacre include family members and supporters of Mangudadatu. The victims were in a convoy of vehicles headed to the provincial capitol in Shariff Aguak to file Toto his certificate of candidacy when it was blocked by armed men and massacred. Also convicted Ampatuans were Datu Anwar Sajid “Ulo” Ampatuan and Anwar “Ipi” Ampatuan Jr. Some cops led by former Chief Inspector Sukarno Dicay of 15th Regional Mobile Group, and a number of civilians got the same punishment. According to witnesses, Zaldy was present during meetings where the clan planned to kill Buluan Vice Mayor Esmael “Toto” Mangudadatu, who was going to run against Unsay for Maguindanao governor. Two of the Maguindanao massacre case’s primary accused (left) Datu “Unsay” Andal, Jr. and Zaldy Ampatuan. ABS-CBN NEWS As stated in the dispositive portion of the 761-page decision, the prosecution was able to “establish the guilt beyond reasonable doubt” of 28 accused, including the said members of the Ampatuan clan.last_img read more

September 25, 2020
by admin
0 comments

DOH: 2 MORE IN WV POSITIVE FOR COVID

first_imgThe patientconsulted with a private physician on March 16 and was classified a personunder investigation (PUI). “Our enhancedcommunity quarantine and border control, social distancing, intensifiedinformation education campaign, active surveillance system, and other proactivestrategies are all in place,” emphasized Contreras. According toCapiz’s Gov. Esteban Evan Contreras, the patient arrived in Roxas City on March4 and eight days later “manifested itchiness of the throat, fever and cough.” Older people, and those with underlyingmedical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are morelikely to develop serious illness. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasalcongestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. Isolated in a hospitalhere, the patient was stable, according to Convocar. According to WHO, people can catch COVID-19from others who have the virus. The disease can spread from person to personthrough small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a personwith COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets land on objects and surfacesaround the person. ILOILO City – Twomore residents of Western Visayas tested positive for the virus that causes thepneumonia-like disease COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019). These brought tofour the number of positive cases in the region, according to the Department ofHealth (DOH). Nationwide, DOH recorded 51 more cases of COVID-19 as well as two more deaths as ofTuesday afternoon. Capiz’sGovernor Contreras urged his constituents not to panic. He assured them thatthe provincial government was doing everything it could “to contain andmanagement the threats” of COVID-19. “Currently,the patient has not shown signs of improvement since admission despite of theaggressive treatment,” according to the governor. The two newpositive cases were among the 32 PUIs in the region whose specimens were sentto the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) in Metro Manila on March18 for analysis. Convocar saidthe 61-year-old patient was coughing, had fever and diarrhea. The 45-year-oldpatient, on the other hand, was diabetic and took maintenance medication. He wascoughing and had fever, too. WVMC has beenidentified by DOH as the dedicated facility for COVID-19cases in Western Visayas. “Contacttracing is now being initiated,” said Convocar. “We are advising those who havebeen in close contact with these two new cases to cooperate.” Another batchof 44 specimens was sent to the RITM on March 22. The results were yet to bereleased. The first caseof COVID-19 in the region was a 56-year-old male from Bacolod City who had a historyof travel to the United Kingdom while the second case was a 65-year-old malefrom Guimbal, Iloilo who had exposure to relatives who had a history of travelto Japan and Canada. This brought the total number of confirmed cases to552 and of the death toll to 35. The number of recoveries is now at 20. Both patientshad a history of travel to Metro Manila. Last night,the patient was scheduled for transfer to the Western Visayas Medical Center (WVMC)in Iloilo City “for advance and appropriate medical management,” addedContreras. He waseventually referred to the Roxas Memorial Provincial Hospital for quarantine,according to Contreras in a statement released yesterday. PHOTO BY ABS-CBN News According to the World Health Organization(WHO), the most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and drycough. People with fever, cough and difficultybreathing should seek medical attention. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually.Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don’t feelunwell. Most people (about 80 percent) recover fromthe disease without needing special treatment. Around one out of every sixpeople who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficultybreathing. Results of thetwo arrived only yesterday. The local government unit of Jamindan, Capiz, theprovincial government of Capiz and Iloilo City government were right awayinformed, said Convocar. The new patientswere a 61-year-old female from this city and a 45-year-old male from Jamindan,Capiz, said Dr. Marlyn Convocar, DOH Region 6 director. Close contactsare defined as those providing direct care with a COVID-19 positive patientwithout personal protective equipment, staying in the same closed environmentwith the patient, and/or travelling in close proximity (one meter or less) inany kind of conveyance within the 14-day period after the onset of symptoms. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touchingthese objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth./PNlast_img read more

September 24, 2020
by admin
0 comments

Evening Road Work Continuing In Brookville

first_imgRoad maintenance will continue on U.S. Highway 52/ Main Street in Brookville for a few more nights.The Indiana Department of Transportation began milling and paving certain sections of the road on Sunday evening.Terri Hartwell, a representative with INDOT says “Their grinding the road out and putting blacktop down. So it should be a pretty nice road when their done.”She suggests that the evening work could continue until Friday. The work is done from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. each night.INDOT asks residents to avoid parking along the work area on Main Street during the overnight hours.last_img

September 24, 2020
by admin
0 comments

MS Cross Country Meet At JCD

first_imgJac-Cen-Del hosted a 4-Way Middle School Cross Country Meet.JCD Boys placed first followed by Southwestern, Milan, and Shawe Memorial.JCD Girls placed first followed by Southwestern and Milan.JCD MS CC Meet (9-25)Submitted by JCD Coach Steve Narwold.last_img

September 24, 2020
by admin
0 comments

77 Percent Of SE Ind. Adults Report Good Dental Health

first_imgCINCINNATI – According to information released by Interact for Health, approximately 77 percent of Southeast Indiana adults report that the condition of their mouth and teeth, including false teeth and dentures, is good or very good.That’s similar to the reported 76 percent in the Greater Cincinnati region.Nearly 3 in 10 adults in Southeastern Indiana say they delayed or did not get dental care, which is five percent less than those in Cincinnati.According to the data, poor dental health is more likely to occur with the financially burdened, less educated and minorities.“Routine dental care is essential in maintaining overall health and well-being,” says Nancy Carter, associate dental director, Cincinnati Health Department. “We are working to improve these statistics by improving access to dental care for children and adults.” Poor oral health can have a negative effect on a person’s nutrition, appearance and speech. “In addition to the pain and suffering it can cause, it can also increase the risk of infection. And there is an association between gum disease and heart disease,” she adds.last_img read more

September 24, 2020
by admin
0 comments

Unlikely State Champ

first_imgWhen Hamilton Southeastern’s Francis Ehigbai came out for track this spring, no one expected him to be a state champion.  After all, an ACL injury in his left knee kept him from playing basketball his senior year.  Since his leg was still not as strong as he would have liked it to be, he decided to try high jump because of his size.  This was quite a decision on his and his coach’s part.As the season progressed, Ehigbai took to high jump like he had done it all of his life.  He went into the state meet as the 3rd seed but came out as the state champion.  He won the meet with a jump of 6’11”.  If you wonder how someone can do this in such a short time, good coaches can look at an athlete and see potential.  Very seldom are you fortunate enough to see that potential come to fruition in a single season.  This young man’s natural athletic ability made it possible.  The coaches were quoted as saying “we just tweaked his style a bit”.  What an outcome!last_img read more