上海419论坛,上海龙凤419,爱上海 – Powered by Ivan Shamar!

January 18, 2020
by admin
0 comments

Ebola Claims another Victim

first_imgThe Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MoH&SW) has disclosed that the remaining sister who provided one of the two blood samples that were tested positive out of seven sent to Lyon, France for laboratory testing, has died.On Sunday, March 30, Health and Social Welfare Minister, Dr. (MD) Walter Traub Gwenigale told the Daily Observer the Ebola virus was in the country and had claimed a life, which was the sister of the lady, who passed late Wednesday evening.“On April 3, the second lady whose case was confirmed died at Firestone; bringing the death toll to seven. This includes the two [Ebola] confirmed cases and five probable cases. Since March 24, 14 suspected cases of the Ebola Virus Disease have been reported, pending laboratory confirmation,” the Health Ministry said in its daily updates on the situation. The lady, who died in Harbel, Firestone, might have contracted the virus from her sister, who she (the Firestone deceased) looked after when she was sick.The World Health Organization (WHO) indicates that the virus has a case fatality rate of 90 percent: meaning that out of every 10 persons, who contract the virus, nine die.Providing an update at the Ministry of Information, Culture Affairs and Tourism (MICAT) regular Thursday press briefing, Health Minister Gwenigale said the other lady (name not mentioned) had succumbed to the Ebola virus.The latest victim, according to the Health Ministry’s authorities, reportedly traveled from Foya in Lofa County to Chicken Soup Factory in Monrovia and then to Harbel in Firestone before she was quarantined. They disclosed that the deceased travelled with her daughter, who it is now assumed contracted the virus from her mother after coming down with its symptoms.According to Minister Gwenigale, his worries are now centered on the surviving daughter (identity withheld) and others the deceased might have possibly come in contact with while traveling from Lofa to Monrovia and then to Firestone.This opens a possibility that some of the people she interacted with on her way and since her arrival in Firestone have also become infected.The health boss indicated that casualties of suspected Ebola cases in the country have now reached seven, including another woman who was quarantined in Foya, but was taken away by relatives to an unidentified pastor for delivery prayers.He said another 25-year-old young man, who was suspected of contracting the virus has also died in Tappita, Nimba County, though he said that health practitioners are still investigating his death to ascertain the truth as to if it is Ebola related.“Also under investigation is the death of a Bassa man in Grand Gedeh, who was suspected of having the virus. We have to take this thing very seriously. It saddens me that people are saying that we are only looking for money to enrich ourselves,” he lamented.Minister Gwenigale also disclosed at the press conference that experts have begun to arrive in the country to help his team battle the deadly Ebola virus.He said two medical experts from medical organization Medicin San Frontier (MSF) arrived in the country Wednesday, April 2, to help his team battle the virus.“They will be helping medical practitioners prevent themselves from contracting the virus while at the same time attending to patients,” Min. Gwenigale said.Meanwhile, Dr. Gwenigale disclosed that the Health Ministry has received US$250,000 from the Ministry of Finance to begin the exercise of containing the virus.The Ministry has budgeted US$1.2 million for its fight against the virus; but to date only US$300,000 from the GOL plus a US$10,000 from the Mano River Union Secretariat in Monrovia, has come in so far.Dr. Gwenigale again urged everyone within Liberia’s borders to adhere to these preventive actions such as do not eat animals that are found dead in the bush, and avoid contacts with fruit bats, monkeys, chimpanzees, antelopes and porcupines. Limit as much as possible, direct contact with body fluids of infected persons or dead persons. Wash your hands with soap and water as frequently as possible. Treat your water with chlorine before drinking. The Ministry’s hotline numbers including 0770198517, 0777549805, 0886530260 and 0886549805 are still active for people to call and report any suspected Ebola case(s).Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

January 11, 2020
by admin
0 comments

Guinness Cage competition heading for exciting climax

first_imgThe exciting Guinness Cage-football tournament just underway and already the entertainment is high. With the round of 16 and quarter finals set for Saturday August 25, it leaves a question as to who will be in the Semi-finals and Finals on August 31 at the Haslington Market.Part of the heated exchange in the ongoing tournamentSpeaking with Guyana Times Sport via telephone, tournament Coordinator Rawle Welch of Three-Peat Promotions stated that when the round of 16 and quarterfinals are over on Saturday the semi-finals and final matches will be the next big thing. Welsh promised an electric atmosphere, one of pure love and peace as he stated that the residents of the East Coast of Demerara are huge supporters of the tournament and would love if an East Coast team would make it in to the finals as the odds aren’t in their favour statistically. With Georgetown having 11 teams and East Coast having 5 teams entering the round of 16, it will take more than home crowd support to see the East Coast sides advancing.When Welch was asked who he would love to see lift the trophy this year he said he had a number of teams in mind such as Tiger Bay and Leopold Street but would love Sparta Boss to win as they are the crowd favourites and carry a large fan base. Even though they aren’t currently in form he would love them to play with all their hearts but they must be careful as teams such as Old School Ballers, Beterverwagting ‘B’, Vryheid’s Lust and Alexander Village are all teams that shouldn’t be taken for granted as they boast a huge amount of experienced players.With the direction the tournament is heading it definitely promises to be one that will be talked about long after it is finished and one that will live on in the memories of everyone. Who will win the Three Peat Promotions/ Guinness Cage Competition? Nobody knows but every fan has their favourite and in its current stage it promises to be a result with infinite possibilities and a nail biting finish.last_img read more

August 10, 2019
by admin
0 comments

June 28 2005 Arcosanti residents staff voluntee

first_imgJune 28, 2005Arcosanti residents, staff, volunteers and workshop participants on June 24. 2005.Arcosanti residents, staff, volunteers and workshop participants on June 24. 2005.[top row from left] Tomiaki Tamura – project director, Ruth-Claire Weintaub – Soleri Book Initiative, Robert Manley – Maintenance, Vanessa Colombel, Aurelien Froment – Alumni, Darina Trendafilova – Workshop, Gabriel Hendrix – Foundry, Scott Riley – Construction/Utilities manager, Enrica Ceneda – Workshop, Mika Kawai – Construction, Mark Whigham – Cafe, Kip Hersted – Foundry/Tourism, Erika Peres – Cafe manager. [middle row from left] Bernadette O’Neill – Ceramics, David White – Workshop, Philip Bonham – Construction, Young soo Kim – Workshop, Phillip Smith – Workshop, Matthew Graves – Workshop, Andrew Woodward – Construction, Jayamoorthi Murugesan – Workshop, Meredith Colgin – Workshop, Ahdom Sayre – Workshop, Shaine Griggs – Workshop, Lee So young – Workshop. [low row from left] Chieko Shimizu – Foundry, Patrick Doyle – Construction, Ira S Murfin – Soleri Book Initiative, Graziella Pazzanese – Workshop coordinator, Susannah Mira – Soleri Book Initiative, Amelia Baker – Workshop, Jewel Black Feather-Welter – Ceramics, Charles Provine – Public Relations coordinator, Sue Anaya – Soleri Archives coordinator, Virginia Schutte – Construction/Bakery, Thanajayan Nagappan – Workshop. [bottom row from left] Tristan Tollas – Child, Yuki Yanagimoto – Soleri Archives. [Photo & Text: Yuki Y]last_img read more

August 9, 2019
by admin
0 comments

Rep Bizon supports bills to transfer ownership of Clarence Township swampland to

first_img Categories: Bizon News 26Mar Rep. Bizon supports bills to transfer ownership of Clarence Township swampland to taxpayer Two bills approved by the Michigan House today allow de facto owners of swamp land in Clarence Township to take full ownership of their land, said state Rep. John Bizon.Senate Bills 18 and 19 fix a technical error which prevented the de facto property owners from putting their land to good use.“I’m happy to see we’re fixing an oversight and going to let this land be put to good use by the owners, instead of having it belong to the state,” said Rep. Bizon, R-Battle Creek. “The de facto owners have been paying taxes on the land, so we need to give them the ability to do something productive with it instead of keeping it under state control. It was good to see these bills get overwhelming support.”Rep. Bizon praised the sponsor of the bills, state Sen. Mike Nofs, for his work on the issue.“I’d like to thank Sen. Nofs for his work on these bills and on behalf of all residents of Clarence Township and Calhoun County,” Rep. Bizon said. “We’re here to serve the residents and this was a matter that was very important and needed to be taken care of.”The bills now go to the governor’s desk for consideration.###last_img read more

August 7, 2019
by admin
0 comments

Sky in the UK has introduced new features for Sky

first_imgSky in the UK has introduced new features for Sky+ customers that are designed to make it easier to catch-up and binge on their favourite shows.The new features include Auto Play, which will automatically start the next episode of a series once one ends – provided the show is downloaded to a users’ planner.Catch Up Series Link lets viewers easily set a series link on a catch-up TV programme so that it automatically records future episodes.The update also includes new accessibility features that will allow users to set increased font sizes on their TV homepage and services pages.“We know our customers love the freedom to easily watch episode after episode of their favourite TV shows, which is why we continue to invest in new features for Sky+,” said Luke Bradley-Jones, Sky’s director of TV and content products.“Whether it’s binge watching addictively good box sets like Billions and The Blacklist, or catching up on your favourite series, including Ray Donovan or A League Of Their Own, Auto Play and Catch Up Series Link give customers the flexibility to watch their favourite shows the way they want.”The updates will be available to existing Sky+ customers after Sky confirmed in October that it is phasing out its Sky+ boxes, making all new customers opt for its latest-generation Sky Q advanced TV service.last_img read more